There are plenty of girls who like to participate in extreme sports, such as skateboarding. However, the home furnishings industry is still a little behind the times, and most skateboarding bedroom décor is marketed towards boy skateboard enthusiasts.
Some skater girls are very serious and focus on their skating skills, while others are more playful and enjoy having fun with the community. Some skater girls are very competitive, while others are more laid back and just enjoy skating in the skatepark. There is no one right way to be a skater or design a skater girl’s room, and everyone should have their own unique skater personality and aesthetic.
Skater Room Design
When designing a skater room, it is important to consider the size and layout of the space, as well as the functional needs of the room. It is also important to consider the budget and your own personal style, popular skater girl room styles include indie, grunge and vintage aesthetics.
First and foremost, the skater girl’s room should be designed to be comfortable and inviting. It should be decorated with soft colors, comfortable furniture, and artwork that reflects the skater’s personality and interests. Additionally, a skater girl’s room should be organized and efficient, with all of her belongings easily accessible and zoned.
If your home is big like that of the skateboarding stars, with a ton of concrete you can change your skater room into an indoor skate park with smooth and hard surfaces to move around in. Continuous concrete mounds and ramps can make each space skateable as the ground becomes the wall then the ceiling on a continuous surface. If your home is small, you can still go vertical with your decoration and skateboard/helmet storage and display.
Skater Girl Bedroom Furniture
If you are looking for a cozy and stylish skater girl aesthetic bedroom, you can create one with a few key pieces of furniture and accessories.
- A comfortable sleeping place – it can be a bunkbed to save space, a normal bed frame with skater themed bedding, or a mattress on floor.
- Plenty of storage for gear – you can store the skateboards and helmets in cabinet to keep them clean, or use open shelf and racks with LED lighting to display your collection as a part of the room decoration.
- A dedictated zone for study/work/gaming – it can be a proper desk or even a lap desk. Make sure to decorate the wall behind you if you will be streaming.
Skater Girl Room Colors
The best color scheme for a skater girl room will depend on the individual skater’s personal taste and style. For added warmth, place a few pieces of brightly colored furniture, such as a pastel-colored rug or an artsy colorful chair. Another popular idea is to add some indoor plants to brighten up the room and create a natural atmosphere.
Skater Living Room Decor
If you’re passionate about skateboarding, a skateboard theme is a great way to decorate any room, regardless of your age or gender. Popular skater living room decor includes items like skateboards and helmets, which can be used as decorations to show off your collection to your visitors. Another idea is to get creative and get your own skateboard blankets and skater-inspired furniture.
Skater Room Posters & Wall Art
The skater girl’s room should be decorated with accessories and décor that reflect her unique style. One of the best ideas to decorate the wall is to put up pictures or mottos of your favorite skaters. You can also add a skateboard stencil to your skateboard theme bedroom as a finishing touch.
Here is an overview of all you need to know about the skater girl subculture.
|Origin||The 80s and 90s|
|Meaning||A Skater Girl is a girl that skates for the enjoyment and fascination for it. The skater girl aesthetic is a subculture that branched off from the grunge aesthetic of the late 80s and early 90s. Skater style also overlaps with surf, emo, and punk so the skater girl looks usually combine vibes.|
|Key Colors||Brown, green, black, and other colors.|
|Key Motifs||– Skateboards|
– Flat bottom shoes
|Personality Match||– Individualistic|
– Risk liking
– Free spirit
|Clothes Style||– Baggy capris, cargo pants, or loose black jeans|
– Knee-high socks
– Flat-bottomed skater shoes
– Baggy shirts
– A faded black or a gray vintage t-shirt
– Layering long sleeves and over-sized shirts
|Hairstyle||– A black and red cap|
– Long bangs swept to one side
– Boxer braid
– Sleek ponytail
– Slicked back bob
– Wavy down with hair clips or pins
– Bright color highlights or underlayer
|Room Decor Style||– Inspirational skate photos, posters, wall art, T-shirts & sticker|
– Masonite curve indoor skateboard surface
– Skateboard racks and helmet racks with lighting highlight
– Skateboard collection
==> Learn more room aesthetic types.
|Makeup Look||– Waterproof eyeliner|
– The natural look
|Associated Music||Guitar music|
|Associated Activities||– Skateboarding|
– Skitching off of vehicles
– Going to skate in abandoned places – usually not aesthetically pleasing areas, rather just areas better suited for fun on a skateboard e.g. empty pools, parking lots, schools, etc.
– Drinking and smoking
– Going to live music shows
– Hanging out at skate shops & skate parks
|What are the different types of skater girls?||– Grunge skater girl aesthetic|
– Edgy skater girl aesthetic
– Emo skater girl aesthetic
– Soft skater girl aesthetic
– 90’s skater girl aesthetic
– Roller skater girl aesthetic
– Vintage skater girl aesthetic
– Indie skater girl aesthetic
– Hippie skater girl aesthetic
– Pink skater girl aesthetic
– Summer skater girl aesthetic
– Tomboy skater girl aesthetic
– Baddie skater girl aesthetic
Where to buy skater girl room decor?
There are not many accessory websites or brands targeting skater girls. You can try to search on Amazon or eBay. Another good idea to support small businesses is to shop from your local stores. Delivery time is usually the fastest when ordering from Amazon or local stores.
If you are into handmade crafting, zero waste and indie ideas, you can spend some hours in our DIY session or shop from Etsy to get inspiration.
How to decorate your skater girl room without money?
A lot of the skater room makeover ideas were done without much money. Here are several ways to copy
- You can make a wall shelf or headboard out of a skateboard by removing the wheels and trucks from the bottom of the board, then mounting it to the wall. (To mount a skateboard to a wall, install a couple of L brackets to the bottom of the skateboard. Then use drywall screws to mount the board to the wall. Don’t forget to use anchors with the screws unless you are screwing into a stud. Otherwise, the skateboard shelf can easily fall out of the wall.)
- You can also use your own photos to create skateboard wall murals and posters.
- You can use racks and open shelves to display your collection of skateboards, helmets and gears as decoration.
- You can decorate your furniture with skater stickers.
- You can draw skater patterns or details to the trims and doors.
- You can DIY skater girl decorations then display them.
- You can put old bright color fabric swatches and Tshirt to use for a couch cover, cushion, rug, curtain, or tablecloth.
- You can hang your skater tapestry, poster, photos, wall art, magazine prints, T-shirt on the wall as a visual focus.
- You can use fabric paint, iron-on transfers or even appliqués to DIY your skater bedding set. You can use a plain comforter or quilt as your base and then add your own skateboarding graphics. If you’re feeling really adventurous, you could even sew your own bedding set from scratch.
- You can shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales and Craigslist.
- You can get goodies from friends by exchanging of cute stuffs you do not want anymore.
How to make a small skater bedroom look bigger?
Small bedrooms for skater girls need to incorporate functional furniture that can double as storage. The key to managing a small space is decluttering. You can also open the room by using mirrors and making more light colors that make the room feel bigger. Or set the room to be very dark, so all clutter fades out in the darkness when the light is off.
Here are some popular tricks to make any small bedroom appear to be more spacious:
- Consider bunk bed to get more floor area
- Using soft and light colors can refresh any room
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling that helps to create the illusion of taller and larger windows.
- Anchor the bedroom with several visual focal points so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow for more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep a consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines and simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Make plenty of storage under the bed.
- Create ambiance with lighting to give depth and a visual focus.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example, you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring light to every corner of the room.
What should skater girl put on the walls?
Decorating a skater girl’s room offers a rare ability to blend all aspects of life. The expression of a unique personality is very important.
- Cool skater graffiti
- Recycled skateboards
- Custom skateboard decks
- LED string lights + neon wall lights
- Oversized wall art
- Prints of skater life motto
- Magnetic board