Nailing the design and decoration style of the teen girl bedroom is important because teenagers use their room as a sanctuary to communicate and develop their identities.
Common challenges for teen girl bedroom designs are
1)How to get organized?
2)How to express changing interests and personalities?
3) How to make the small room look bigger?
4) How to get the cute look in cheap ways?
This blog is your ultimate resource to address the top concerns. Let’s start with how to design a cute bedroom for a teen girl in 11 steps?
Brainstorm To Collect Inspiration.
Remember to allow for change and flexibility, as teen girls change their interests and preferences a lot while they are 13, 14, 15, 16 years old. Young tweens (8 to 12 years old) and older teenagers (17 to 19 years old) will also have very different functional needs for their rooms.
Decide The Bedroom Theme.
Here is a list of trendy teenage girl room themes. They will work well with any color you choose.
|Pastel Goth||To get the bedroom pastel goth, you can add black drapes, dark color furniture trims, skulls, etc into your pastel room.|
|Japanese Anime||You can get your desired viral Tiktok rooms by decorating the space with neon signs, ceiling, and wall led light string. Remember to fill the wall and desk with anime decor to get the vibe right.|
|Sailor Moon||Sailor Moon-inspired rooms are loved by fans. If you want to go for a subtle approach, then look for anime pieces with small details that give it a bit more interest without taking over the room.|
|Modern||Modern bedrooms include the mix & match use of natural materials, neutral or earthy colors, and the elimination of unnecessary detailing in interior staging. White or gray tones are usually used as the base color.|
|Empty||The decoration style is predominantly decorated with a pale earthy palette. Kim Kardashian is the famous owner of an ’empty’ luxury home. Interior designer actually spends a lot of time, money, design talent, and effort to hide all the mess to make the house ’empty’ and truly minimal.|
|Rebel||Rebel style in bedroom design is for indie or independent teenagers who are looking for a unique voice to express the self. If you have a rebellious outfit style, you should obviously also go for a rebel bedroom design.|
|Classy Luxury||Luxury bedrooms have a lot to copy from high-end glam hotel rooms. This type of classy decoration style focuses on top-of-the-line products such as expensive furniture, glamorous antiques, chandelier lighting, crystal beads, and opulent artwork.|
|Kawaii||Kawaii is the culture of cuteness, innocence & being harmless in Japan. Being cute is NOT the same as being kawaii. While both cute and kawaii decoration styles are feminine and soft, kawaii style is more associated with a Tokyo Harajuku Girl vibe and anime culture. It is a Japanese cuteness (think Sailor Moon, Sanrio, Hello Kitty, etc. You can learn more about the room aesthetic here.) instead of a Disney or Pixar princess cuteness (think Cinderella or Frozen).|
|Cute||Cute decoration style in interiors is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute bedroom decor includes anything pastel color, soft, and comforting. Throw in your favorite plushies, blankets, and pillows to achieve the vibe.|
|Simple & minimalist||Minimal Doesn’t Mean Boring. A simple minimalist bedroom usually has an open floor plan, lots of light, and minimalist furnishings. The ultimate design goal is to create a neat timeless aesthetic.|
Choose The Color Combination.
Which Color Is The Best For A Cute Teenage Girl Bedroom?
The best color for a teen girl’s cute bedroom will vary depending on her personality. While a little girl loves the classic girly princess pink aesthetic. Teen girls may gravitate more towards a variety of pastel colors, including soft pink, yellow, purple, blue, gray, and green. Some teenage girls even love a bold contrasting color combination such as black and white for their bedrooms.
While a room of ONLY one color can look beautiful and amazing, it is often too boring for most people. Try to add one or two complementary colors to your room.
Set A Budget And Project Timeline.
Any interior design project’s success depends on reasonable planning in advance. You can always save money with your girls through fun upcycling projects, DIY, or treasure hunting cheap stuff in second-hand furniture stores.
Make A Shopping List To Start Buying.
The bedroom makeover will be an ongoing project, but you should make a decision with the bulky major furniture pieces first as that will help you plan the room layout better and visualize the spatial quality easier.
Start With Ceiling Paint, As The Paint May Drip To The Wall Or Floor.
Unless you have a real high ceiling, or else light and bright colors should be what you put on the ceiling. You can also decorate the ceiling with mural art or night glowing stickers.
Do The Wall Painting. Remember To Have A Plan For Your Windows, Doors And Skirting Board In Advance.
If you love a colorful vibe then you can get creative here with the details.
Arrange The Locations Of The Main Furniture Such As Sofa, Bed, Desk Etc.
Ideally, a teen girl room should be designed to have several areas for different functionality: a sleeping zone, a studying zone, a vanity, and a closet, and maybe an area for guests. Decorate to make a distinction of the different functions, separate the areas to give your girl more comfort, and organize them to make them more practical.
Bring In The Lighting Fixtures, Electronics, Curtains And Fabrics.
They are important elements to create the right cozy vibe.
Start To Decorate The Furniture And Show Off Your Displays.
There are probably a million more things I want to share about upgrading your existing furniture to cute kawaii style. In short, remember room improvement is a process, no one can get it right at once then leave it for decades. You should be always adding or removing objects, making adjustments to lighting and angles, relocating furniture and decors. Making changes always is a MUST as a comfy living environment is very impactful to our happiness and good living.
Fine Tune The Angle Of The Lighting, Position Of The Area Rug And Throw Pillows To Get Everything Perfect.
Stage your bedroom until it looks Pinterest perfect and Tik Tok/Instagram ready!
How To Make Your Bedroom Cute?
Here is a list of cute things every teen girl need in her room
- Faux fur area rug.
- Gauzy or patterned light blocking curtains.
- Plush and cozy pink bedding.
- Hanging fringe.
- Fuzzy or soft throw pillows.
- Instant Polaroid Camera.
- Moon Lamp.
- Neon signs.
- Starry night LED light string.
- Indoor plants.
- Vines or Ivy.
- Mini fridge.
- Floral lampshade.
- Featured makeup mirror.
- Wireless headphones.
- Wire wall grid + Shelf.
- A dedicated workspace.
- A nice set of hangers.
- Poster or postcard wall.
- A comfortable mattress.
- Ample & layered lighting.
- A private nook.
How Can I Make My Teen Girl’s Room Look Kawaii?
If you want to design a kawaii teen girl room, pay attention to current Japanese manga trends. Decoration plays a big role in making a bedroom look like kawaii. Invest in anime accessories and furniture that’s just as functional as it looks great.
How To Make A Small Teenage Girl Bedroom Look Bigger?
Small bedrooms for teen girls need to incorporate functional furniture that can double as storage. The key to managing a small space is decluttering. You can also open up the room by using mirrors and more neutral colors that make the room feel bigger.
Here are some popular tricks to make any small bedroom of a teen girl appear to be more spacious.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light furthur to every corner of the room.
- Use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Anchor the bedroom with several visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Have plenty of storage under the bed.
- Create ambiance with lighting that will give depth and organise visual focus.
- Consider bunk bed to get more floor area.
How Can You Decorate Your Bed As A Teenager Girl?
- Choose soft and calming color for bedding.
- Design the ceiling as that is what you see when you lay in bed. (Maybe a blue aesthetic of the sunny sky or your favourite anime posters?)
- Add a canopy for creating a calm zone best for sleeping.
- Choose the right size mattress.
- Indulge in layers of linens of different texture.
- Have layers of plush pillows and blankets to add depth.
- Let vines and ivy climb on your bed frame.
- Throw an area rug at the side of the bed.
- Get consistent color theme and decoration style for the bed and the room.
- Allow settings to shut out tech when it is time to rest.
What Should Teen Girls Put On Their Walls?
Decorating a teenage girl’s bedroom offers a rare ability to blend all aspects of life. That expression of unique personalities is very important esp for dorm room setup.
- Plenty of shelving.
- Bold geometric prints.
- Oversized wall décor.
- Poster wall.
- Postcard wall.
- Photo wall.
- Neon signs.
- Led lighting.
- Prints of life motto.
- Memo board with clips or ribbon.
- White board.
- Black board.
How Should A Teenage Girl Organize Their Room?
- Ask yourself about each item what to keep and what to toss.
- Donate any good items that you do not need in the next 3 months.
- Stacking storage containers.
- Dust your room regularly.
- Clean often.
- Install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom walls.
- Clip binder clips onto your desk and store cords in their arms.
- Hang a clothes rack in the corner.
- Opt for a headboard with storage.
- Hang your laundry hamper on the back of your bedroom door.
- Use your radiator for shelf space.
- Optimise under-bed space.
- Go vertical and put shelves, collections, artworks on walls.
- Organize the room in sections, & target one section a day.
- Declutter closets.
- Create a functional, clutter-free study area.
- Organizing With Shopping Bags.
How To Have A Nice Smelling Bedroom For Teen Girls?
- Identify the odor.
- Clean thoroughly.
- Open your windows.
- Bathe your pets, clean the pet room.
- Wash your sheets and laundry.
- Clean all upholstery.
- Turn on a dehumidifier.
- Spray room refreshers.
- Use room deodorizers
- Grow beautiful indoor plants such as jasmine or lavender for natural fragrance.
How To Manage A Teenage Girl Room Makeover On A Budget?
A lot of the cute bedroom makeover projects can be done in a DIY style with an extremely low budget.
- Paint those old furniture, bed frame, desk etc.
- Paint some old objects then display them.
- Put old fabric swatches to use for sofa cover, rug, curtain, table cloth…
- Pull the layer of linens to be on top.
- Display your cartoon, magazine, art pieces and collections.
- Mask your monitor, desk, electronic with tapes of preferred color and pattern.
- Hang your old tapestry, poster, T shirt on the wall as visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get goodies from friends through exchanging of things you do not want any more.
Do you want that soft, relaxing, cute kawaii vibe also for other rooms? Learn how to do it with this guide on kawaii home design.
❤️❤️ Click Below To Explore More Cute Aesthetic Stuff To Buy!! ❤️❤️