Your bedroom is your sanctuary, it is where you should spend most of your time decorating and perfecting. But the challenge comes when designing the master bedroom suite as a couple—who may not always agree on what is a dream bedroom.
How you can make your master bedroom look cute and feel romantic? Let’s start with the basics.
Choose soft and loving colors for bedding.
Design the ceiling as that is what you see when you lay in bed.
Add a canopy to create a special zone for focusing on each other.
Choose the right mattress & for both of you.
Indulge in layers of linens of different textures to make both people comfortable.
Pile plush pillows and blankets to add depth.
Throw area rugs at the sides of the bed.
Get a consistent color theme and decoration style for the bed and the room.
Allow settings to shut out tech when it is time to have romantic moment or sleep. (You may want to take the TV out of the room.)
What Is The Best Bedroom Themes For Married Couples?
The best master bedroom theme for loving couples depend on many factors, such as sleeping habit, if the preference of the couple aligns, the interior design style of the other rooms, size and lighting condition of the bedroom etc.
|Modern||Modern bedrooms include the mix & match use of natural materials, neutral or earthy colors, and the elimination of unnecessary detailing in interior staging. A modern bedroom looks and feels indie, cozy, and full of personalities. The style refers specifically to a historical aesthetic movement that took place during the early to mid-twentieth century.|
|Empty||The decoration style is predominantly decorated with a pale earthy palette. Kim Kardashian is the famous owner of an ’empty’ luxury master bedroom. Interior designer actually spends a lot of time, money, design talent, and effort to hide all the mess to make the house ’empty’ and truly minimal.|
|Classy Luxury||Luxury bedrooms have a lot to copy from expensive glam hotel rooms. This type of classy decor style focuses on top-of-the-line products such as expensive furniture, glamorous antiques, chandelier lighting, crystal beads, and opulent artwork.|
|Cute||Cute decoration style in interiors is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute bedroom decor includes anything pastel color, soft, and comforting. Throw in your favorite plushies, blankets, and pillows to achieve the vibe.|
|Simple & minimalist||Minimal doesn’t mean boring. A simple minimalist bedroom usually has an open floor plan, lots of light, and minimalist furnishings. The ultimate design goal is to create a neat timeless aesthetic.|
|Royal||A royal interior style always reminds you about the mansions, castles, and royal families. The bedroom should be filled with nicely painted cabinet doors and crowns, golden details, curvy trims, oversized wall art, thick traditional large carpets, chandeliers, glowing candle holders, luxury drapes and curtains, a tall bed frame with a canopy, soft velvets, etc. You should spend time collecting vintage furniture and art pieces of amazing details to create an authentic royal design style.|
|Rustic||Weathered, raw wood is one of the most common materials used to create a rustic-style farmhouse and cottagecore couple room. The style represents a natural, rough, aged, and casual design preference. Popular variations include Tuscan, coastal, cottage, and modern rustic.|
Which Color Is The Best For A Master Bedroom?
The best color for the master bedroom will vary depending on the personalities of the newly married couple and the vibe you want to achieve. While a room of ONLY one color can look beautiful and amazing, it is often too intense for most people. It will always be easier to design the master bedroom with one or two complementary colors in mind.
Another good trick is to keep a neutral pale bedroom color theme, but decorate it with romantic lightings that change colors. That way you can have an exciting horny high-energy red bedroom tonight, then a calming light blue reading bedroom the night after.
|Purple||The color purple is often associated with creativity, pride, mystery, independence, magic, royalty, nobility, luxury, power, rebel, and ambition. It is a very empowering color scheme for your master bedroom. Go for pastel purple if you are looking for a kawaii room for adults.|
|White||Simple, modern, neat, and easy to maintain. White is the go-to color scheme for a lazy couple with a small apartment master bedroom lacking natural light.|
|Gray||The gray master bedroom is healing and calm. Both light gray and dark gray look saturated and stable. They are the perfect backdrop for any bedroom activity. Make sure to add some bright decor to boost the romantic mood or it might be too boring.|
|Red||The red master bedroom looks sexual, classy, glam, and luxurious. The color encourages risk-taking and challenges. You can go for a pale red or dark red like burgundy color for your bedroom to avoid the red color from being overpowering.|
|Pink||The pink bedroom looks dreamy, cute, soft, relaxing, and comforting. This color pick is actually very good for relaxing. Pair it with earth tones, gray or white colors for easy acceptance of the husband.|
|Black||The black master bedroom is unique, mysterious, and creepily cute. You can pair a pastel color with it to have a pastel gothic bedroom color theme. This color combination is going to give strong contrast and a lot of personality to your bedroom.|
|Blue||The blue color is the most popular gender-neutral master bedroom color. Dark blue beddings and wall paint look elegant, while light blue blankets remind you of a relaxing holiday on the beach.|
|Neutral||Neutral color bedrooms are usually decorated with pale colors such as beige, ivory, taupe, black, gray, and shades of white. These hues often have undertones. Be aware of these underlying tones as you match colors or choose paint. Neutral colors often bring peace, reliability, a sense of protection, and calm to the room.|
How To Make Your Master Bedroom Romantic?
Here is a list of romantic things every couple needs in their bedroom to ignite that spark again.
- Sex toys & secret cabinet for them.
- Romantic lighting.
- Blackout curtains.
- Soundproof panels.
- Aromatherapy essential oil.
- Faux fur area rug.
- Plush and cozy bedding.
- Fuzzy or soft throw pillows.
- Something for music
- Ample & layered lighting.
How To Make A Small Couple Bedroom Look Bigger?
Small bedrooms for couples need to incorporate functional furniture that can double as storage for space-saving. The key to managing a small space is decluttering. You can also open up the room by using mirrors and more neutral colors that make the room feel bigger.
Here are some popular tricks to make any small couple’s master bedroom appear to be more spacious.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light furthur to every corner of the room.
- Use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Anchor the bedroom with several visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Have plenty of storage under the bed.
- Create ambiance with lighting that will give depth and organise visual focus.
Bonus: Make sure to set up proper acoustic and lighting zoning if your small couple bedroom is used also as a study room, home office, gaming room, or living room to welcome guests. You can use shelves, a thick room dividing curtain, or room panels. That will reduce friction in your relationship.
How Should A Couple Organize Their Room?
- Make each person be in charge of a corner or aspect of the room.
- Return stuffs to their original position EVERYTIME after using.
- Ask yourself about each item what to keep and what to toss.
- Donate any good items that you do not need in the next 3 months.
- Stacking storage containers.
- Dust your room regularly.
- Clean often.
- Install shelves along the perimeter of your bedroom walls.
- Clip binder clips onto your desk and store cords in their arms.
- Hang a clothes rack in the corner.
- Opt for a headboard with storage.
- Hang your laundry hamper on the back of your bedroom door.
- Use your radiator for shelf space.
- Optimise under-bed space.
- Go vertical and put shelves, collections, artworks on walls.
- Organize the room in sections, & target one section a day.
- Declutter closets.
What Should Couples Put On Their Bedroom Walls?
Decorating a couple’s bedroom offers a rare ability to blend all aspects of life.
- Plenty of shelving.
- Photo wall.
- Sandbox of good memories.
- Bold geometric prints.
- Oversized wall decor.
- Poster wall.
- Postcard wall.
- Romantic Led lighting.
- Prints of life and couple love motto.
- Couple goal boards.
How To Have A Nice Smelling Couple Bedroom?
- Identify the odor.
- Clean thoroughly.
- Open your windows.
- Bathe your pets.
- Wash your sheets and laundry.
- Clean all upholstery.
- Turn on a dehumidifier.
- Spray room refreshers.
- Use room deodorizers
- Grow beautiful indoor plants such as jasmine or lavender for natural fragrance.
Bedroom Makeover Ideas For Couples On A Budget
Get creative with your bedroom decor by mixing thrift store finds and bargain buys into a fun, colorful and unique aesthetic. A lot of the cute bedroom makeover projects can be done in a cheap and fun way by the couple over a weekend – GREAT date ideas!
- Paint those old furniture, bed frame, desk etc.
- Paint a feature wall into unique patterns and colors.
- Draw a wall mural of the sweetest memory or couple goal motto.
- Paint some nice old objects then display them.
- Put old fabric swatches to use for chair cover, rug, curtain, table cloth…
- Pull a new layer of linens to be on top.
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get goodies from friends through exchanging of things you do not want any more.
Need more cute ideas for a room? Click HERE.