How Do You Design A Pink Room?
There are 7 simple steps to keep in mind while planning and designing a pink aesthetic home.
✅ Best Pink Glitter Confetti Chair
CUTE & COMFY The sink-in seat is perfect for watching movies, playing games or relaxing with a good book.
✅ Best Artificial Cherry Blossom Flower Vines Hanging Silk Flowers Garland
Gorgeous and good bang for your buck – They look very full and nice and work well for lantern centerpieces. Just wanted something pink and simple, not too expensive and doesn’t look super fake. This turned out great so ordered 3 more packs. The flowers aren’t secured so hot glue gun it down. Otherwise perfect.
✅ Best Silhouette Handbook And 10 Extra Designs
Nice machine, good new features – Cameo 4 Pink Extras Bundle comes with extra items including the Silhouette Handbook that helps you become a Cameo expert in no time, 10 exclusive designs, 2 regular cutting mats, 2 AutoBlades, PixScan cutting mat, 1 Hook, 1 Scraper, 1 spatula, 1 Pick-me-up tool, 1 ruler (6”) and a microfiber cloth. Additionally every Cameo comes with the basic Silhouette Studio software, 100 designs, 1-month Silhouette Design store subscription, power cord and USB cord.
✅ Best Cute Bunny Phone Stand
CUTE DESIGN & RUBBER PADS – This bunny phone holder is designed in lovely bunny image, Rubber pads and feet of Phone stand can protect your device from daily scratches and sliding.
✅ Best Teddy Bear Hanging Storage for Girl’s Bedroom
Fits a large amount of toys, strong and sturdy – This toy storage has really made a difference, the amount of teddy bears it holds is amazing and has helped given the room the extra space that you needed. It’s unique rainbow colour is a bonus and it appears to be very strong and sturdy. Highly recommend. Perfect for anyone who has to many teddy’s and not enough room to store them.
Decide Which Room To Make it Pink
The bedroom is the most popular pink room to have in a home, especially for teenagers, nurseries, and little girls. However, many people also like to use the color for the bathroom, kitchen, home office, gaming room, and living room. With some pink roses, azalea, and begonias you can also easily convert your mediocre backyard to a cute pink garden.
Pick A Main Pink Color Scheme
In reality, pink colors come in different shades and are with different textures. You should first pick the main color tone of your pink room. The 4 most popular pink room color schemes include:
- Blush pink
- Light pink
- Dark pink
- Rose gold
Choose A Complimentary Color
What cute colors go together?
A room of ONLY pink color can look beautiful and amazing, but it is often too LOUD & INTENSE for most people. If you want a secondary color to complement your pink room, start your brainstorming with these 6 common options.
|Pink + Black||This color combination is often associated with Kawaii Goth style, this room aesthetic is girly, creepy cute, and definitely not mainstream. It is for those with independent souls and has a unique voice to express.|
|Pink + White||This color combo will make rooms look bigger and brighter. If you go for pastel pink and white color a soft innocent aesthetic will be achieved. If you go with shocking pink or neon pink then the vibe is more edgy, energetic, and indie. This is the best color scheme for small homes and tiny kawaii apartments.|
|Pink + Light gray||This color combo will make rooms look cute, calm, balanced, subtle, and saturated. |
It is the color combination that is most accepted by people of all genders and age groups, hence the best choice for living rooms and workspaces.
|Pink + Dark gray||You can go for dark pink with dark gray, light pink with light gray to give a calm and saturated vibe. Or you can go for contrasting color shades to give more visual interest. It is the best color scheme for bedrooms, as you can create a saturated aesthetic for good sleep or a romantic bedroom full of excitement, just by changing the setting of your night lamp.|
|Pink + Blue||This color combo will make rooms look more unique and unusual.|
The pink room will look elegant and artsy while dark blue is added.
The pink room will remind you about the sky, the beach, and everything oceanic while light blue is added.
|Pink + Pastel||This color combo will make rooms look cute, soft, and comforting.|
This combination is the best for kids’ rooms. It is also a more neutral color scheme for a cute kitchen or bathroom.
|Pink + Purple||The purple aesthetic is full of wonder and mystery. The room looks more relaxing, soft, and cute while shades of pink are mixed with purple in decorating. This color combination is very popular for gaming rooms and cute kitchen designs.|
Select The Decoration Style
Here are the 10 trending decor styles for a pink home.
|Glitter||To get the pink room glittery and shiny, you can upgrade the rooms with flittery curtains, golden furniture trims, crystal beads, reflective mirrors, silverware, etc.|
|Neon||You can get your desired viral Tiktok pink rooms by decorating them with neon signs, ceiling, and wall light designs. Usually, you can change the neon color and lighting patterns with a few easy settings.|
|Modern||Modern style furnishings and decor include the mix & match use of natural materials, neutral or earthy colors, and the elimination of unnecessary detailing. It is not to be misunderstood from contemporary or minimalist decoration styles.|
|Simple & minimalist||A simple home usually has an open floor plan, lots of light, and minimalist furnishings. The ultimate design goal is to create a neat timeless aesthetic.|
|Empty||Kim Kardashian is the famous owner of an ’empty’ luxury home. Interior designer actually spends a lot of time, money, design talent, and effort to hide all the mess to make the house ’empty’ and truly minimal. The decoration style is predominantly decorated with a pale palette.|
|Princess||Many pink aesthetic princess rooms are decorated with canopy, crowns, chandeliers, and everything Disney or Frozen.|
|Luxury||Luxury pink rooms have a lot to learn from high-end hotel rooms. This type of decoration style focuses on top-of-the-line products such as expensive furniture, glamorous antiques, chandelier lighting, and opulent artwork.|
|Kawaii||Kawaii is the culture of cuteness & being harmless in Japan. Being cute is NOT the same as being kawaii. While both cute and kawaii decoration styles are feminine and soft, kawaii style is more associated with a Tokyo Harajuku Girl vibe and anime culture. It is a Japanese cuteness (think Sanrio, Hello Kitty, Sailor Moon) instead of a Disney or Pixar princess cuteness (think Cinderella or Frozen).|
|Cute||Cute decoration style in interiors is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute decor includes anything pastel color, soft, and comforting.|
|Artsy & Eclectic||An artsy home with eclectic decor style is usually bold and filled with artwork. You will often see a mixture of textures, time periods, styles, trends, and colors. The designer needs a strong design taste to harmonize all the heterogeneous elements and manage to bridge design styles and sensibilities across multiple decades. The creativity you see in an artsy room is often empowering, energetic, unique, and impressive.|
|Rusty||Weathered, raw wood is one of the most common materials used to create a rustic style home. The style represents a natural, rough, aged, and casual design preference. Popular variations include Tuscan, coastal, cottage, and modern rustic. The pink rustic decoration style is getting popular for farmhouse and cottagecore homes.|
Manage Your Storage Space
You need a lot of storage space and display area no matter which shade of pink you choose for your wall paint. You should plan these ahead to keep the small room neat.
- Look for extra space under the bed, under the stairs, at the ceiling, along the walls, in the garage for extra storage space.
- Go vertical by piling more storage or display units on existing furniture. Or install new wall shelves and cabinets.
- Declutter your desk drawers, wardrobe and other furniture to pack more things in.
- Improve organization unit planning to increase storage efficiency.
Plan The Lighting Design
The pink color is quite an attention-seeking color. You want to think of the mood you desired in different scenarios instead of letting the pink color overpower all the time.
First, you need to understand there is natural light and artificial light. Then there is direct light (usually functional) and reflected diffused lights (usually for mood). All lighting design should be either planned around functions (reading/cooking) or mood creation (better sleeping, boost focus, enhance romance). Mastering the mix and match of these 6 basic concepts will guarantee you an adorable room always with the perfect desired environment.
- Don’t be gloomy. You should always try to maximise natural lights for your room as that is good for healthy and eyes.
- High quality light blocking curtains help you to cut all the natural lights when you want. Then you can let your artificial lighting dominates to manipulate the room into any mood you want (Seductive and romantic, Soft and relaxing, Cool and dynamic, Horror and Gothic… )
- Pink rooms will look very different with warm white, bright white and daylight. It is important that you choose the right color temperature for lighting. The best way to do it is to bring your paint sample to the lighting shop, and see it in real how the pink color changes with different light selection.
Make Constant Adjustments
There are probably a million more things I want to share about designing a pink room. In short, remember room improvement is a process, no one can get it right at once then leave it for decades. You should be always adding or removing objects, making adjustments to lighting and angles, relocating furniture and decors. Making changes always is a MUST as a comfy living environment is very impactful to our happiness and good living.
What Style Of Pink Room Is The Most Popular?
The princess-themed girly bedroom is one of the most popular pink room styles in the world. Followed by modern simple style, then luxury style.
How Can You Make Your Small Pink Home Looks Big?
Here are 9 tricks to create depth in any small pink room.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light furthur to every corner of the room.
- Use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Anchor the pink room with several visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
How To Have A Beautiful Pink Room Without Spending Any Money?
A lot of the pink home makeover work can be in DIY style.
- Paint those old furniture pink.
- Paint some old object pink then display them.
- Put old pink fabric swatches to use for sofa cover, rug, curtain, table cloth…
- Pull the layer of pink linens to be on top.
- Display your pink cartoon, magazine, art pieces and collections.
- Mask your monitor, desk, electronic with pink tapes.
- Hang your old pink tapestry, poster, T shirt on the wall as visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get pink goodies from friends through exchanging of things you do not want any more.
What Are The 7 Elements Of Pink Home Design?
Let color, form, space, texture, pattern, line, and light be your guide through the journey of a pink room design. You should consider the balance of each of these elements while picking the furniture, paint, decor, wall art, or anything you put into the room.
How Do You Decide Your Pink Home Color Scheme?
- Read this blog again.
- Browse magazines.
- Browse Pinterest.
- Take an online cuteness quiz.
- Look to your wardrobe.
- Take an inventory of your current decor.
- Match the color of the exterior of your house. Pink is a very popular color for kawaii house exterior, read this blog for more inspiration.
Where Do I Start To Decorate My Pink Room?
- Start with ceiling paint, as the paint may drip to the wall or floor.
- Then do the wall painting. Remember to have a plan for your windows, doors and skirting board in advance.
- Now carry in the bulky furniture such as sofa, bed, desk etc.
- Bring in the lighting fixtures, electronics, curtains and fabrics.
- After the layout of the furniture is confirmed, you can start to decorate the furniture and show off your displays.
- Fine tune the angle of the lighting, position of the rug and throw pillows to get everything perfect.
How Do You Decorate A Pink Wall?
- Dsiplay your favourite posters, map or art pieces.
- Display photos of the family
- DIY some cute wall decor
- Showcase a fabric, lace or quilt.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural.
- Install shelving.
- Hang plates.
- Hang some plants.
- Highlight it with spotlights, light panels or neon signs
I covered plenty of useful tips for getting the kawaii style right today. Make sure to read this blog twice more before you start decorating your pink home 😀
If you are still unsure about the pink color, then check this guide for 30+ other cute room aesthetics for a spacious and comfortable home design.
❤️❤️ Click Below To Explore More Cute Aesthetic Stuff To Buy!! ❤️❤️