Wish I had more friends like my kittens and puppies, easily impressed by $1 toys, and let me dress them up in whatever ridiculously cute ways in their kawaii pet rooms.
First and foremost, you need to set your budget and timeline. The rest can be easily concluded in the following 4 simple steps. How to make a pet room that is cute and kawaii? Let’s get started!
Decide The Location
Where to put the pet area in your house? Here are some ideas even if you have a small home.
Indoor Pet House
Outdoor Pet House
Against The Wall
Entire Pet Room
Inside A Closet
Inside A Cabinet
Choose The Style Of The Pet Room
Cool Japanese Anime
We can’t talk about anime without paying homage to Japanese manga because most of the animated films are based on manga (comic books/graphic novels). The ideas below incorporate both mediums into some awesome anime room decor concepts for pets.
Pick The Color Themes Of The Pet Room
Designing a pink pet room can be an exciting design challenge to take on in your home, helping to make your space feel warm, comfortable, and extremely inviting even for your favorite fluffy little one.
Neutral, neat, and calm – A cute gray interior reflects the preference and personalities of the pet owner.
Learn more about kawaii pastel room aesthetics HERE.
A green vibe above the pet bed adds a feeling of calm while keeping accessories to a minimum makes for an instantly relaxing getaway for your lovely animal.
See more kawaii blue rooms by reading this blog.
As you put together a cute princess room design for your child, try these adorable princess pet house ideas also for their favorite animals.
Fill The Pet Room With Kawaii Accessories
Kawaii Pet Bedding
Kawaii Pet Bed
Kawaii Pet Supplies
Kawaii Pet House
Kawaii Pet Accessories
Other ideas include kawaii pet dish, collar, kennel, carrier, chair mats, costumes, window & door treatments. These days you can even custom-made a lot of things for your pet.
Kawaii Pet Cabinets & Shelves For Storage
You should plan your pet storage cabinets and bins in the pet room to maximize storage, as we all know there is A LOT OF STUFF!
Cute Pet Room Divider
A pet room barrier will be needed, what is the best option depends on your pet size/activity ability and the space configuration. Most of the time you can reuse a pet room divider for baby. Another key decision will be whether you need one with a gate or not.
What is a pet room?
A pet room is a room assigned for your pet. It is where you can put all your pet furniture and supplies in one place. A pet room usually includes a comfy bed or crate, personalized food & water bowls, cabinets for storage, and some favorite toys. You can complete the look of your pet room with your preferred themed decor.
What are the benefits of having a pet room?
- Keep the home organized with pet furniture and supplies in one place.
- If you have frequent visitors in your home, a pet room can also help with shedding and dander, keeping the majority of it in a confined room. This is helpful to people with allergies.
- Keeping the dirt and smell of your pet away from the other parts of the house.
- The pet room also gives your pets a safe place to stay while the party is happening.
- Large pets such as dogs need their own space to feel safe and secured. This can be a small space or an entire room, depending on your dog’s personalities and its needs, as well as the size of your home and your family’s needs.
Where to get kawaii pet room decor?
You can find a lot of pet websites selling cute and kawaii stuff claiming themselves to be based in the USA, UK, or Australia, the fact is most items can be purchased at a cheaper price on Amazon or eBay. If you want to buy pet room decor at the lowest price or for sale then you can even explore Aliexpress, Shein, or Wish.
Another good idea that will support small businesses is to shop from your local pet shop and stores. Or travel to Japan to buy the latest Japanese kawaii pet things from the famous Harajuku area of Tokyo.
If you are into handmade crafting and indie products for animals and pets, then you can spend some hours in our DIY session or shop from Etsy to get inspiration on how to make kawaii pet room decor.
Cheap cute pet room makeover ideas
A lot of the pet room makeover can be done on a budget. Make sure to use materials that are not dangerous, harmful, or poisonous to your pet.
- Paint pet furniture pink or pastel.
- Draw kawaii pet face, patterns or details to furniture or wall surfaces.
- Upcycle old stuffs to be a cute pet food or/and water bowl.
- Hang protraits of your pet on the wall.
- DIY cute kawaii pet toys then display them.
- Put old bright color fabric swatches or clothes to use for pet bed or blanket.
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get kawaii pet goodies from friends through exchanging of stuffs you do not want any more.
How To Have A Nice Smelling Pet Room?
- Identify the odor.
- Clean thoroughly.
- Open your windows.
- Bathe your pets.
- Wash your sheets and laundry.
- Clean all upholstery.
- Turn on a dehumidifier.
- Spray pet room air refreshers.
- Use pet room deodorizers.
- Use pet room purifier.
- Get pet room spray.
- Grow beautiful indoor plants such as jasmine or lavender for natural fragrance.
How To Keep Your Pet Room Safe?
- Practice fire safety.
- Avoid household chemicals from paint/furniture/toy materials and fillings.
- Avoid suffocation dangers.
- Keep poisonous plants out from your garden and indoor.
- Pay attention to window design and accessibility.
- Use technology such as a pet camera to monitors the situation regularly.
- Use firm pet furniture and cage to avoid collapse and accidences.
- Use good quality pet room door, barrier, gate that will not collapse on your pet.
- Be careful of the sockets and electrical devices.
- Use strong material if you pet likes to tear and bite on things, or keep an empty pet room to protect your pet from themselves!
Not sure what else to say here… I think the kawaii pictures leached the last remaining brain cells I had. If your cat/dog/hamster/rabbit/ferret/snake/guinea pig/any other cute animal buddy is not satisfied with all these kawaii ideas, I am sure you are.
And if you are not yet mentally overloaded, check out this guide for how to make your other rooms kawaii. Make sure to SHARE the links with your adorable friends who also enjoy doses of unique Japanese cuteness.