I know I am not the only one who fancies a cute kawaii bathroom.
A bathroom can be a functional boring room to ‘get tasks done’, a bathroom can also be the ‘zen temple of the home’ where you express your true secret geekiness, spend long hours to refresh your body, mind, and mood with your favorite music/manga/TV/book.
In this guide, I tried to find a good variety of cute color schemes, aesthetic styles, and kawaii accessories ideas. Your decoration effort does not need to be limited to pink, or just the wall. However, you need to make sure everything you purchase for the bath and shower room is washable or waterproofed so they do not mold due to humidity. The basic principle for any bathroom design is safety and ease of maintenance.
How Do You Make A Bathroom Kawaii & Cute?
Use Light Pastel Wall Color To Make The Bathroom Look Cute & Bigger
Respect The Beautiful Personalities Of The Existing Room
Use Your Favourite Japanese Cartoon Character As Theme
Paint Your Cabinet Doors & Doors Into Soft Aesthetic Pastel Colors
Add Tiktok Neon Lighting & Signs
Use Modern Design With Clean Lines For Tiny Apartment Bathrooms
No two colorful spaces look the same, and the following bathroom proves that color can make a small space shine in a variety of ways, even if it’s used subtly.
Let Indoor Plants, Vines And Ivy To Highlight The Ceiling And Shelves
Keep A Consistent Kawaii Color Scheme
Setup A Fancy Kawaii Anime Wall
Creating an anime aesthetic wall in the bathroom is less about how many pieces of posters or displays you have, but more about the meaning of the decor pieces you select. Take inspiration from the examples below but remember to add a touch of your own preferences. Also, remember to protect your collection from moisture from the shower/bath.
Pull In Flexible Furniture To Decorate Your Small Space On A Budget
Fill Every Corner With Your Favoruite Kawaii Decor, Rug, Sticker, Accessories
If you start each day with a shower or hot bath, you definitely need to get yourself a kawaii bathroom filled with cute decorations. Just think of the good refreshing moments you could enjoy using these cute ‘Gram-worthy’ accessories.
Show Off Your Collection On Shelves
Add Pastel Color Rugs, Soft Aesthetic Curtains & Shower Curtains
Feature Beautiful Kawaii Bathroom Tiles
Dress Up Your Mirror Or Pick A Special One That Express Your Characters
Dress The Walls & Corners With Cute Waterproof LED Light Decor
Cute animal lamps and lights are very kawaii. There are waterproofed versions that can even be used in your bathroom as a mood light. As a bonus, go for decorative wall lights that give different colors to match your room’s color scheme.
Do Not Be Afraid To Mix Colors, Patterns & Textures
Add Reflective Items Like Mirror, Chandeliar, Glossy Metal Surfaces To Get The Bathroom Shine
Fill The Bathtub With Pink Bubbles Will Always Look & Feel Cozy
Get Dark Colors To Contrast With Pastel Colors To Give Visual Interest
The aesthetic is close to pastel goth, and you can learn more about the vibe from this blog.
Use A Lot Of Glass To Make The Bathroom Look Brighter & Bigger
Choose Cute Wall Paper To Finish The Kawaii Look
Go For White Walls If You Do Not Know How To Start
While redecorating your bathroom might sound like a tall task, it can actually be much less stressful than you think. Instead of overcomplicating your renovation plans with a lot of colors and patterns, we suggest going back to the basics and embracing the timeless color white.
Get Creative To Look For More Cute Storage Space Ideas
Mix Some Gray Shades To Make A Guy Enjoy The Cute Bathroom Vibe, Too
It’s proof that no matter your aesthetic, a cute gray room is a go.
What Is A Kawaii Bathroom?
Kawaii is the culture of cuteness in Japan. A kawaii bathroom is designed to look charming, lovable, adorable, and childlike. A feeling of the tenderness of the bathroom can be achieved by adding a light pastel color, decor, and accessories of cute Japanese anime characters, and soft rugs or towels that allow you to feel vulnerable and shy.
The cute kawaii bathroom style is not only for little kids, but also widely LOVED by adults (males and females). It is also a style that can work well for both large luxury master bathrooms for mansions & tiny shower rooms for apartments with small budgets.
What Are The Most Popular Colors For Kawaii Bathrooms?
|Rose Gold||Rose gold bathrooms are feminine, warm, and glam. The combination will remind you about the spring and a good start. You can find a lot of ironmongery and bathroom fixtures in rose gold color, it is less common than gold or stainless steel color. You will also find plenty of amazing decorations in various rose gold hues to match the overall kawaii style.|
|Pink||A pink bathroom looks dreamy, cute, and soft. This color combination is providing enough visual stimulation but still looks relaxing and comforting. There are also many shades of pink color you can play with different textures to create a unique girly kawaii result.|
|Gray||You can get a bold contrasting visual result for your bathroom if you opt for light gray and dark colors or dark gray with light color. You can also achieve a more neutral result with the dark gray and dark color, or light gray with light colors. Gray bathrooms will give you a modern, calm, mature, stable room that is ideal for any interior. Feel free to add in several kawaii decors with bright colors and interesting textures as highlights. The aesthetic embraces elegance, creativity, mystery, and a unique spirit.|
|White||White bathrooms look simple, modern, neat, and easy to maintain. It is the go-to base color for someone decorating a small bathroom lacking natural light. It is easy to be accepted by couples, people of any age and gender, and easy to be dressed up further into any kawaii theme for the bathroom.|
|Purple||The purple aesthetic is often associated with creativity, pride, mystery, independence, magic, royalty, nobility, luxury, power, rebel, and ambition. It is a very empowering color scheme for your bathroom. Go for pastel purple if you are looking for a kawaii bathroom.|
|Yellow||Pastel yellow bathrooms look cute, enlightening, creative, and kawaii. Yellow is the color of happiness and optimism, sunshine and spring. There are many popular kawaii characters with a yellow color scheme, such as Pompompurin, Gudetama, Little Twin Star, Sailor Moon, etc.|
|Blue||The blue color is the most popular gender-neutral kawaii bathroom color. Dark blue wall/cabinet paint looks elegant, while light blue wall/cabinet paint reminds you of a relaxing holiday on the beach. Going for blue will give you a unique cozy atmosphere in the bathroom.|
|Green||Pastel green is an ideal color for a kawaii bathroom, as the energy will refresh your body and mind. Green is the color of life, renewal, nature, and energy. It is associated with meanings of growth, harmony, freshness, safety, fertility, and environment. You can easily achieve the vibe by adding some indoor plants to your bathing space.|
|Colorful||A colorful bathroom is full of life, culture, chic, and interesting items for all the world to see. This aesthetic embraces creative, carefree, and unconventional decor for the interior. Try to stay with pastel and light color tones to achieve that kawaii cute vibe.|
How Do You Decide Your Kawaii Bathroom Color Scheme?
You should either start by collecting ideas you like or eliminating all the ideas you hate. Don’t be afraid to have fun with colors, textures, patterns, materials but try to keep ONE element consistent.
- Read this blog again.
- Browse magazines.
- Browse Pinterest, Instagram, Tumblr, VSCO, HGTV, Google and Tiktok
- Take an online personalities quiz.
- Look to your wardrobe to see which kawaii color is your top preference.
- Take an inventory of your current decor.
- Pay attention to the current situation of the bathroom, if you will keep the existing tiles then you need to either match the color and style or find something kawaii to cover them.
Remodeling work is more expensive but lets you change the tile colors, shapes, and dimensions to something that matches better your ideal cute kawaii bathroom style. You need to be fully aware of the limitations for decoration work, but good research can still bring you a totally refreshing kawaii result.
Make a colorful collage of all the inspiration to visualize the space. Then keep making adjustments from there.
What Is The Best Kawaii Bathroom Design Theme?
The best kawaii bathroom theme depends on who will be using the bathroom and the condition of that room. Also, you need to know what vibe you want to achieve. Here is an overview of the most popular cute bathroom interior design themes.
|Modern||Modern kawaii bathrooms include the mix & match use of natural materials, neutral or earthy colors, and the elimination of unnecessary detailing in interior staging.|
|Cute||Cute decoration style in bathroom design is all about creating a space that gives us good feelings of relaxation, happiness, and lightness. Cute room decor includes anything pastel color, soft, cozy, and comforting. Throw in your favorite plushies, blankets, and rugs to achieve the vibe.|
|Simple & minimalist||Minimal doesn’t mean boring. A simple minimalist kawaii bathroom usually has an open floor plan, lots of natural light, and minimalist furnishings. The ultimate design goal is to create a neat timeless aesthetic.|
|Rustic||Weathered, raw wood is one of the most common materials used to create a rustic-style kawaii farmhouse and cottagecore bathroom. The style represents a natural, rough, aged, and casual design preference. Popular variations include Tuscan, coastal, cottage, and modern rustic.|
|Glam & Luxury||Luxury glam bathrooms have a lot to copy from expensive glam hotel rooms. This type of classy decor style focuses on top-of-the-line products such as expensive furniture, glamorous antiques, chandelier lighting, crystal beads, and opulent artwork.|
|Hello Kitty||Despite being called ‘Kitty’, it turns out that the famous kawaii cartoon is actually a little girl. Hello Kitty is the childhood memory to many and hence an adorable bathroom theme for all the fans worldwide.|
|Frog||Frog means fertility, potential, transformation, purity, prosperity, and good luck. If you are going for a green bathroom then adding a frog theme will help you to find a lot of cute decors to display. Popular kawaii frog characters include Tamama, Kermit The Frog, Kroppy, and many more. Here you can see even a matching princess & frog bedroom design.|
How Can You Make Your Small Kawaii Bathroom Looks Big?
Here are 9 tricks to make any tiny bathroom appear to be more spacious.
- Anchor the bathroom with several kawaii visual focus, so the room look more organised and themed.
- Place mirrors and shiny reflective objects strategically to give the illusion of space. For example you can position a mirror across from a window to reflect light into the space. Then use a series of small reflective items instead of one large mirror to bring to light furthur to every corner of the room.
- Use of soft and light colors can refresh any room.
- Hang curtains closer to the ceiling can help to create the illusion of taller and large windows.
- Allow more open space and let in plenty of natural light.
- Simplify the room by maximizing your furniture layout.
- Declutter and hide the mess.
- Keep consistent aesthetic and choice of style.
- Opt for smooth walls, floating shelves, clean lines, simple geometric decoration patterns with little linear details.
- Find more space in the walls, on ceiling, above the shelves, WC and wall heater, under the cabinets, around the tub, behind the mirror etc.
How Do You Do A Cheap Kawaii Bathroom Makeover?
A lot of the kawaii bathroom improvement projects can be really cheap and done in DIY style.
- Paint those old furniture into kawaii colors, or draw kawaii patterns or details to the trims and doors, or add stickers of your favourite anime characters.
- DIY kawaii decor then display them.
- Put old fabric swatches of kawaii pattern/colors to use for cabinet cover, rug, curtain.
- Display your kawaii cartoon, magazine prints, art pieces and collections on wall. Make sure to protect them from the bathroom humidity.
- Hang your old kawaii tapestry, poster, T shirt on the wall as visual focus
- Shop flea markets, consignment stores, yard sales & Craigslist.
- Get cute kawaii goodies from friends through exchanging of stuffs you do not want any more.
- Use indoor plants to decorate every remaining empty corner of your bathroom.
Where Do You Start To Decorate Your Kawaii Bathroom?
- Decide the layout first as that will be limited by location of sockets, water pipes and drainage points.
- Have the waterproofing, WC, sink & sink cabinet, bathtub, shower, and tiles installed first. You need to have a functional no leak bathroom before having a kawaii bathroom.
- Start with decoration work with ceiling paint, as the paint may drip to the wall or floor.
- Then do the wall painting. Remember to have a plan for your windows, doors and skirting board in advance.
- Now rearrange the locations of the bulky furniture such as shelves and cabinets etc.
- Bring in the lighting fixtures, electronics, curtains and fabrics.
- After the layout of the room is confirmed, you can start to decorate the furniture and show off your displays.
- Fine tune the angle of the lighting, position of the rug and displays to get everything perfect.
- Some indoor plants will always help to improve your kawaii bathroom from ‘greatness’ to ‘perfection’.
How Do You Decorate A Kawaii Bathroom Wall?
- Dsiplay your favourite anime or cartoon posters, map or art pieces.
- Display photos of the family
- Showcase a cute fabric, lace or quilt.
- Hang up mirrors.
- Paint a mural of the sky, the ocean or life motto.
- Install shelving.
- Hang some plants or flowers.
- Highlight it with spotlights, light panels or neon signs
Ever wonder why girls take so long to use the restroom?
This is why. Here we witness a kawaii gaming princess, scantily clad (read: huge armor bonus) sitting atop her epic mount ready to flush the world of all its evils.
Bath is the best time to pamper yourself. you can use a cute bathtub for bathing to find contentment. While there are not many ‘kawaii’ bathtubs in the market, you can still choose bathtubs in a variety of sizes, shapes, and colors to compliment your bathroom’s dimensions, layout, cute wall tile color, and kawaii decor.
Wants more? This kawaii room guide was created in an effort to showcase how to decorate each and every room of your home to be cute and kawaii. If you’re dying for more cuteness… look no further!
❤️❤️ Click Below To Explore More Cute Aesthetic Stuff To Buy!! ❤️❤️