Today I wanted to share with you some tips for keeping your dorm aesthetic. Let’s start with understanding different types of dorm room aesthetics and viral Pinterest/Tiktok/Tumblr decor ideas.
Sophisticated Dorm Room For Girls
Pink Aesthetic Dorm Room
Orange Aesthetic Dorm Room
Aesthetic Dorm Room With LED Lights
Urban Outfitters Aesthetic Dorm Room
Pastel Aesthetic Dorm Room
Red Aesthetic Dorm Room
Blue Aesthetic Dorm Room
Black Aesthetic Dorm Room
Retro Aesthetic Dorm Room
Yellow Aesthetic Dorm Room
Korean Aesthetic Dorm Room
Kawaii Japanese Aesthetic Dorm Room
Cute Minimalist Dorm Room Inspiration
Easy Simple Dorm Room Aesthetic
Tumblr Aesthetic Dorm Room
Grunge Aesthetic Dorm Room
White Dorm Room Aesthetic
Gray Dorm Room Aesthetic
Boho Dorm Room Aesthetic
Indoor Plants Aesthetic Dorm Room
Comfy College Dorm Room Aesthetic
Modern Aesthetic Dorm Room
Neutral Dorm Room Aesthetic For Guys
Hipster Dorm Room Aesthetic
Cozy Single Dorm Room Ideas
Neon Aesthetic Bedroom
Artsy Aesthetic Dorm Room
How to decorate your college dorm room desk?
- Make the space your own by adding your personal kawaii touch to create ‘your brand’.
- Pick a theme color. Colors have a significant impact on productivity, creativity, and innovation.
- Light up your work area to protect your eyes, but also include several neon signs and lighting decor to keep the space interesting.
- Bring some greenery by adding indoor plants.
- Keep your desk cute & chic, but organized.
- Add a few accessories to arrange the cables, shelves and drawers.
- Don’t overlook storage.
- Make sure you have something relaxing when you look up from the work area, be it a window of natural light, or your favourite anime poster.
- Plan also the night light when you game, work or watch movie in the dark.
- Install acoustic panels of your preferred color for functional use and decoration use.
- Spice up your gadgets by adding a cute kawaii style cover, sticker or case to your laptop and phone. That will make ordinary electronics much more fun.
How to make your dorm room aesthetic?
- Faux fur area rug.
- Gauzy or patterned light blocking curtains.
- Plush and cozy pink bedding.
- Hanging fringe.
- Fuzzy or soft throw pillows.
- Instant Polaroid Camera.
- Moon Lamp.
- Neon signs.
- Starry night LED light string.
- Indoor plants.
- Vines or Ivy.
- Mini fridge.
- Floral lampshade.
- Featured makeup mirror.
- Wireless headphones.
- Wire wall grid + Shelf.
- A dedicated workspace.
- Cute desk organizers.
- A nice set of hangers.
- Poster or postcard as wall decor.
- A comfortable mattress.
- Ample & layered lighting.
- A private nook.
How to keep your dorm room clean?
- Make your bed every day.
This is something I used to do, but kind of fell off of it. I just got really busy and it was never really a priority or anything. But I have come to realize to keep a clean room, your cute kawaii bed has to be made. It just makes everything look complete and it gives you a starting point.
- Give everything a place.
This is key to the organization because, in order for things to be clean, they need a home. Now I am the queen of the junk drawer. But I only put things in this drawer if there is absolutely no other place for it. This way, if I need a spare charger or a hair tie, I know where to go. Other than that, everything has a home.
- Utilize your laundry bin.
I do this, but sometimes there are some clothes that don’t sometimes make it to the basket. But keeping all of your dirty clothes in a basket can help keep your room cleaned and tidy. Not only will your cute style room look less cluttered, but it will also make laundry day easier.
- Take out the trash.
When it’s full, take it out. Don’t let it spill over. Don’t leave garbage lying around your room. That’s no way to live. Empty out your trash can at least once a week and I promise you will feel like a whole new person.
- Clean up spills immediately.
If you spill your drink or food, clean it up as soon as it happens. Don’t leave them because that makes it harder to clean up and may end up smelling really bad. It just looks better if you clean them up immediately.
- Wash dishes.
You may not have a ton of dishes all the time, but when you do, wash them and put them away. Don’t let them clutter up your sink or kitchen countertop. Having a clean sink keeps a clean space which keeps a cleanroom.
I always have Clorox wipes in my room. I wipe down surfaces a couple of times a week. It helps keep away dust and removes germs. It’s really nice to just clean up and make sure that things are all looking smooth. It works also for keeping your bathroom clean, disinfected, and cute.
Dorm room planning is a huge part of your life and everyone strives to be as aesthetic yet organized as possible as much as possible. Of course, life happens and things don’t always work out the way you want, but you do the best that you can. And when it comes to college dorm design, everyone has their own styles and their own ways of doing things.
Keeping your dorm clean is a goal you want to keep up with this semester.
Did I leave anything out? Let me know in the comment if you have a word to add.